Kids in preschool through 8th grade can play games on computers loaded with interactive and educational software! Educational games can help build your child's early literacy skills.
About this Service
- This is a free service. See below for locations and hours.
- Library card is not required.
- Sign up to use a Play & Learn station at the service desk in the Children's Room. Availability is limited.
- Session is limited to 30 minutes if others are waiting. If no one is waiting, you may stay as long as you like.
- You cannot access the Internet on the Play & Learn stations, however, there are separate Information Stations in the Children's Room that limit searching to pre-defined, kid-friendly websites.
- What are the benefits of using the software at the Library?
- Free - no equipment or CD ROM costs
- Educational - kids learn reading, math, and other skills
- Fun - kids "play" inside books, with popular storybook characters as their playmates
- Quality Time - parents and kids play together in a fun learning environment
- Patrons using library services must comply with the Library’s Rules of Conduct and Internet Access & Use Policy.
Locations & Hours
- Centerville Library: Service is available during regular business hours.
- Woodbourne Library: Service is available during regular business hours.
- Giggles Toddler ABCs and 123s
- La Casa de Dora
- Millie’s Math House
- Sammy’s Science House
- Space and the Universe
- SpongeBob Typing
- World of Goo
- And many more!