Reference Librarians will proctor exams for distance education & professional development courses.
About this Service
- This is a free service except for printing and mailing fees. See below for locations and hours.
- Student must read, understand and agree to the Test Proctoring Guidelines.
- When requesting proctoring for the first time, student must complete either an online Test Proctoring Request Form or a form at the Reference Desk.
- All exams must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Library or emailing the Reference Department.
- Student is responsible for paying all related charges the day of service including printing and mailing.
- The following charges will be determined after exam is completed:
- Printing - 10¢ per page if exam arrives by email and must be printed.
- Mailing - postage charges will vary depending upon weight if required to mail exam back to the school/business.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse a proctoring request if the requirements exceed our capability.
- For more information contact the Reference department at Centerville Library at (937)433-8091, extension 2
Locations & Hours
- Centerville Library: Service is available during regular business hours excluding Sundays.
- Woodbourne Library: Library is closed for expansion and renovation. This service will be available during regular business hours excluding Sundays at this location after the facility reopens on Sunday, September 23, 2018.
Test Proctoring Guidelines
The library will:
- Proctor written and online exams in accordance with directions, policies and guidelines supplied by the school as conditions allow.
- Provide a testing location in close proximity to the Reference Desk.
- Make every attempt to contact the student when exam has arrived. The student is ultimately responsible for confirming that the exam has arrived.
- Maintain a personal file for the student which will contain all testing materials until one month after the designated testing date.
- Return tests via mail or email at the student’s expense.
The library cannot:
- Interpret test instructions or assist in a technical manner with an online test.
- Guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the Library computers.
- Guarantee the ability to download software for test taking or modify existing computer settings for online exams.
- Guarantee a quiet environment.
- Provide a locked place for the exam.
- Provide a Librarian to continuously monitor the student during the exam.
- Hold untaken exams past 1 month.
- Provide proctoring services on Sundays.
The student will:
- Complete Test Proctoring Request Form at least 48 hours in advance to request services.
- Request exams and directions be sent to the Library via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail addressed to the Reference Department.
- Prior to test date, confirm that we have received the exam and it is correct.
- Coordinate and schedule a test date and time with school/business and the Library.
- Ensure tests are completed before any deadlines.
- Bring standard photo I.D. on the day of the exam.
- Come prepared with pens, pencils, paper, calculator or other acceptable use materials.
- Complete the exam at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Let the Librarian know if there will be additional exams to be proctored.
- Pay for all charges associated with printing and/or mailing the exam the day of service.
- Call the Reference Desk to cancel if unable to keep scheduled testing time.