About this Service
- This is a free service except for printing and mailing fees. See below for locations and hours.
- Student must read, understand and agree to the Test Proctoring Guidelines.
- When requesting proctoring for the first time, student must complete either an online Test Proctoring Request Form or a form at the Reference Desk.
- All exams must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Library or emailing the Reference Department.
- Student is responsible for paying all related charges the day of service including printing and mailing.
- The following charges will be determined after exam is completed:
- Printing - 10¢ per page if exam arrives by email and must be printed.
- Mailing - postage charges will vary depending upon weight if required to mail exam back to the school/business.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse a proctoring request if the requirements exceed our capability.
- For more information contact the Reference department at Centerville Library at (937)433-8091, extension 2
Locations & Hours
- Centerville Library: Service is available during regular business hours excluding Sundays.
- Woodbourne Library: Service is available during regular business hours excluding Sundays.
Test Proctoring Guidelines
The library will:
- Proctor written and online exams in accordance with directions, policies and guidelines supplied by the school as conditions allow.
- Provide a testing location in close proximity to the Reference Desk.
- Make every attempt to contact the student when exam has arrived. The student is ultimately responsible for confirming that the exam has arrived.
- Maintain a personal file for the student which will contain all testing materials until one month after the designated testing date.
- Return tests via mail or email at the student’s expense.
The library cannot:
- Interpret test instructions or assist in a technical manner with an online test.
- Guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the Library computers.
- Guarantee the ability to download software for test taking or modify existing computer settings for online exams.
- Guarantee a quiet environment.
- Provide a locked place for the exam.
- Provide a Librarian to continuously monitor the student during the exam.
- Hold untaken exams past 1 month.
- Provide proctoring services on Sundays.
The student will:
- Complete Test Proctoring Request Form at least 48 hours in advance to request services.
- Request exams and directions be sent to the Library via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail addressed to the Reference Department.
- Prior to test date, confirm that we have received the exam and it is correct.
- Coordinate and schedule a test date and time with school/business and the Library.
- Ensure tests are completed before any deadlines.
- Bring standard photo I.D. on the day of the exam.
- Come prepared with pens, pencils, paper, calculator or other acceptable use materials.
- Complete the exam at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Let the Librarian know if there will be additional exams to be proctored.
- Pay for all charges associated with printing and/or mailing the exam the day of service.
- Call the Reference Desk to cancel if unable to keep scheduled testing time.