Children's Summer Reading Club: Rules & Prizes
Attend fun programs and win fantastic prizes just for reading! Summer Reading Club Starts June 1!
- Children from preschool through 5th grade may participate.
- Register online or stop in the Centerville or Woodbourne Libraries.
- Pick up your gamecard at the Library or download and print* a gamecard to record your summer reading.
- Between June 1 and August 1, check out and read (or listen to) library books from our Library's collection.
- Record books read or hours read on your gamecard.
- Reading time may include parent and/or siblings reading to child.
- Earn a reward for each gamecard (total 3) you complete and an entry in the Kid's Prize Drawings!
- When you complete each gamecard, bring it to the Library to stamp your progress and pick up your reward.
- Completing more than three gamecards won't earn a reward, but WILL count as more chances in the Kid's Prize Drawings.
- Winners are notified by phone.
- Prizes are available for pickup and winners published online on Winner Wednesdays.
- Prizes not picked up within 2 weeks of drawing date will be forfeited.
Prizes, Drawings & Fun!
- A new contest or raffle is held every week during Summer Reading Club!
- Prize Box Drawing Dates: June 15, June 29, July 13, August 1
- Gift certificates & coupons to local restaurants and businesses!
- Receive a car magnet and your name on the bulletin board after reading 40 books or 20 hours.
- Receive a free book when you complete the club!
- Visit the activity centers in the Children's Room at Woodbourne Library and Centerville Library for weekly crafts, coloring sheets, exciting programs, storytimes, contests & raffles all summer long!
Note: You must have a pdf reader installed on your computer or mobile device to view some Summer Reading Club Web pages.