Loan Periods & Checkout Item Limits
The maximum number of items any one patron may check out is 100 (excludes eMaterials). This 100 item limit is further restricted by the following chart.
|Material Type||Loan Period (days)||Renewable||Holds||Limits|
|CD Books||21||YES 3X||25|
|Movies||Fiction (Non-Express)||7||YES 3X||25|
|TV Series||7||YES 3X||8|
|Non-Fiction (Non-Express)||21||YES 3X||25|
|Music CDs||21||YES 3X||25|
|Video Games||7||YES 3X||8|
|All Other Print Materials*||21||YES 3X||100|
|'brary Bags||21||YES 3X||2|
|SearchOhio||Printed Materials, CDs & CD Books||21||YES 3X||N/A||50|
|Media (audiobooks, music CDs & DVDs)||7||YES 3X|
*Exceptions and Definitions
Additional restrictions apply to new patrons, juvenile patrons, and teacher cards.
Children's board books cannot be placed on hold.
- Loan Period = the number of days an item may be checked out to one patron.
- Renewable = an item may be checked out again
if another patron doesn't already have the item on hold. A library card is required for all renewals. Online renewals must be completed by midnight on the day they are due to ensure that fines do not accrue.
- Hold = an item may be held at the library for a patron to pick up.
- Limits = the maximum number of each type of library material a patron may have checked out to their account at any given time.
- New Patrons - new library cards are issued with restricted borrowing privileges for the first two months including:
- Checkout limits set at up to 10 total items (with a maximum of 2 audio-visual items)
- Hold limits set at up to 15 holds
- eReaders may be checked out after the two month period
- Your account will be updated to receive full borrowing privileges if your account is in good standing after the 2 month period. Please contact the Library to update your account.